Extending KSettings::Dialog to allow to specify excludes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 19 09:07:34 BST 2007

On 18.06.07 21:16:46, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > However this setter will only work before the show() method of the
> > dialog is called the first time. Because afterwards
> > createDialogFromServices is not executed anymore. So the setter is not
> > really a setter, its more an initializer.
>
> true; but at least it helps keep the ctors cleaner and perhaps at some point
> we can actually make it generally useful (e.g. if it's already init'd, when
> the blacklist is set it could remove panels that match... just a thought, and
> certainly not necessary imho for 4.0.. in fact, i'd actually be surprised if
> anyone used it in that manner at all)

Yeah, I don't really like the current behaviour of that dialog either,
but it is easier for KDevelop (and possibly others) because one doesn't
have to create the tree hierarchy himself and look for the kcm's that
are not directly for the app, but have a fitting parentComponent.

> > How about initializeComponentBlacklist( const QStringList&)?
>
> =)

Ok, I'll prepare a patch later today for another review. I probably will
move the arguments-thing also into an initializer function, IIRC there's
no real reason that the arguments are given to the constructor.

Andreas

--
Your lucky number has been disconnected.