Extending KSettings::Dialog to allow to specify excludes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 19 00:15:00 BST 2007

On 19.06.07 00:50:03, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 June 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Monday 18 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > So I'm proposing to change the constructors to:
> >
> > rather than adding a fourth parameter (and second qstringlist =) to the
> > ctors, would it make sense to have a setter than allows you to set a
> > blacklist and consult that in createDialogFromServices?
>
> I agree from an API design point of view. From the current implementation this
> is not a straightforward change though, since the information that's passed
> to the ctor really is needed there.

Well, the blacklist is taken into account during
createDialogFromServices, so it is possible to do it with a setter.
However this setter will only work before the show() method of the
dialog is called the first time. Because afterwards
createDialogFromServices is not executed anymore. So the setter is not
really a setter, its more an initializer.

How about initializeComponentBlacklist( const QStringList&)?

Andreas

PS: Also I just noticed that the patch I sent doesn't have proper
apidox, this will be fixed when comitting, of course.

--
You seek to shield those you love and you like the role of the provider.