Mising KGlobalSettings::smallFont()

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Mon Jun 18 17:41:41 BST 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007 10:01:37 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > It's clear that minimizeFont and be implemented trivially on
> > top of this method with something like:
> >
> > QFont myFont = /* Some stuff to get a font face. */;
> > myFont.setPointSizeF(numeric_limits<qreal>::epsilon());
> > myFont = ensureFontReadable(myFont);
>
> epsilon()? It seems like '1' would be sufficient.

Oh, probably.  But, my way is "future proofed"!  ;)  For the mutants of the
future with super vision. :)

> I mean, do you really
> think anyone can read a point size of '1'? ;-)

I imagine I would shrink my fonts a little bit (which many people consider
unreadable) on a higher DPI screen.  I currently run 5pt for text in my
ksysguard applet.  (Yes, I can read it, partially because it's isolated --
larger clocks of text require larger [7 or 8pt] fonts.)  There could be
people out there that actually want 1pt fonts (or just people with horribly
misconfigured DPI settings).

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))