Requesting help to port K3Process [was: Porting K3Process->KProcess]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 17 22:33:48 BST 2007

On 13.06.07 21:32:40, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> The upcoming monday is K3Process-Porting-Monday, everybody who has some
> time please look at
>
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=K3ProcessPorting
>
> and choose a class to port (the class list will show up there during the
> weekend) The most important thing is to get kdelibs K3Process free
> before June 25th, else the windows port is halted until the 4.0 release
> (or has to use a separate branch and merge back after the 4.0 release).
>
> As IRC channel I suggest to use #kde4-devel, unless someone objects (as
> its a permanent channel).

Wow, seems like Christian had a real good run. He already converted
kdelibs, kdepimlibs and most of kdebase. So actually this porting-monday
is not that urgent anymore for getting kde4 on win32 to build again.

Still, everybody who wants to is invited to look at the above mentioned
wiki page and pick a class or two and port it. Its not that hard, you
only have to pay attention to output-capturing. See the existing
KProcess usages in kdelibs for some ideas.

Andreas

--
Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)