replacing kcontrol with system settings

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jun 16 20:26:56 BST 2007

On Saturday 16 June 2007, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Friday 15 June 2007, David Jarvie wrote:
> > With the proposed
> > approach, you have to try one icon; if that turns out to be wrong, go
> > back, try another
>
> And here is one big problem. I can't count how many time I closed the
> windows for one setting and realized that the whole system setting
> application is closed. :( With the treeview I never wanted to close the
> window. Somehow this solution of going down and go back doesn't work
> for me.

then may i suggest:

a) someone steps up and fixes kcontrol in trunk
b) we move kcontrol to extragear

the "this works for me" or "this doesn't work for me" isn't how one arrives at
interfaces that are generally usable, mostly because we tend not to be
general users (because we are both overly technical and way too familiar with
old releases that have taught us to work in certain ways).

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se