replacing kcontrol with system settings

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 15 20:10:07 BST 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007, Robert Knight wrote:

> What in the System Settings dialog is used frequently enough that it
> is useful to have on the panel?

Depends on the user, on his system and situation. That's why it's up to the
user -- for instance, on my mac I've got the wifi configuration and network
configuration up there because I need to access those panels when I startup
my mac (otherwise it doesn't have wifi), or when I want to switch to a
different network.

On KDE, I frequently use the internet shortcuts panel, the font panel and the
font installation panel. I probably would put those on top; but it's just a
shelf for often-used stuff. And it's very useful.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi