KGlobalSettings cleanup

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 15 18:22:36 BST 2007

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:08:40PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok, I'm not familiar with kdm, but does it *need* to be using the
>> two-arg version of createApplicationPalette?
>
> well, i don't care. i copied this code from kapplication plus kcontrol
> defaults (or something like that) several years ago. i never understood
> what this parameter was supposed to do.

Ok, so you are the author of that particular code in kdm (using the
two-args createApplicationPalette)? If so, and you're OK using the
no-args version, and no one else chimes in between now and next Monday
(i.e. the 25th) I will assume it is OK to scrap that implementation.

FTR, it looks like the point of the two-arg version is to use a
non-standard color scheme, but I'm not sure where it ever worked right,
and it certainly doesn't work currently.

Note: if it turns out we do need it, we should be able to add it the
correct way without breaking BC. But we can only remove it now :-).

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"