KGlobalSettings cleanup

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 15 18:08:40 BST 2007

Ok, I'm not familiar with kdm, but does it *need* to be using the
two-arg version of createApplicationPalette? The problem is that the
code I currently have in kgs ignores both parameters. I can fix ignoring
the contrast, but we need to re-think how colors are stored (and I think
change KColorScheme) if the group must be honored. I would therefore
prefer removing this entirely (kdm is the only user of the two-arg
version AFAICS from lxr).

Also, can we kill calculateAlternateBackgroundColor? IIRC it has few
users, and those probably can (and /should/) be replaced with using the
appropriate alternate background color from KColorScheme (as in the
@deprecated note). Otherwise KColorScheme::shade, or possibly
KColorUtils::mix, is probably an appropriate replacement.

I would plan to make these changes next Monday if that's OK with the
release team (I'm not clear yet if the 25th is before or after the hard
freeze :-) ).

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"