How to install library translations as libkfoo-<ABI-major>.mo instead of libkfoo.mo

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Fri Jun 15 13:13:04 BST 2007

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> [...] different versions of KDE4 libs? If not, as it seems reasonable to
>> me, then why not just rename those ~20 POTs in kdelibs to *4 scheme right
>> now, mass rename the existing POs in l10n-kde4, and be done with it?

> [: Thiago Macieira :]
> There are no other versions of the KDE 4 libs. The next version means KDE
> 5.

Yes, then an immediate renaming seems the most reasonable to me.

Also, I'd say rename only those POTs in KDE4 kdelibs conflicting with KDE3,
not exactly all of them. So that it's clear that *4 catalog has a KDE3
counterpart, for whatever reason that may be handy to know. That'd be 19 out
of 22 of them.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)