replacing kcontrol with system settings

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Jun 15 00:35:33 BST 2007

Le vendredi 15 juin 2007, David Faure a écrit :
> Of course I trust you will handle Boud's issues and come up with a solution
> for kinfocenter :)

I've a couple of questions regarding kinfocenter:
1) Is it maintained?
2) It it used?

Because, to be honest, I really don't feel the need to save it. It's currently
duplicating some features from ksysguard, and give mostly unusable (for the
user) information about the hardware in the other panels (and those ones
could probably be replaced by a proper hardware browser). The only thing
which look interesting are the information about samba (I wonder why it's
here btw), opengl and the xserver.

At a glance, I would put the opengl and xserver information together, maybe
even in ksysguard (not sure if that fit the bill), and I throw everything
else in favor of a proper hardware browser, which is in the work (but need
quite some love) in branches/work/kdehw/apps/solidhardwarebrowser.

Could someone enlighten me on the reasons to keep kinfocenter this way?

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."