replacing kcontrol with system settings

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 15 00:42:24 BST 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'd like to propose replacing kcontrol with system settings in trunk.

+1. there's a number of annoyances and nuisances (several of which Boud has
already covered); but with it in kdebase i hope/assume it will get more
attention on these points than it has to date.

> and there is the question of what to do the kinfocentre.

keep it as is, at least until someone cares to do something with it? i don't
think it needs a facelift, really.

i'd also like to see this app in kdebase/workspace/ rather than
kdebase/runtime/ as kcontrol currently is. at least kdebase/apps; it's not a
necessary part of the runtime requirements of any application IMHO.

kdebase/workspace/kcontrol should also probably be svn mv'd to
kdebase/workspace/controlpanels. any objections to that?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se