Can kdecore depend on QtXml?

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Jun 14 00:29:38 BST 2007

David Faure said the following, On 2007-06-14 00:06:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007, Kelly wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:32 pm Chusslove Illich wrote:
>>> I was implementing the semantic markup for UI messages (like "Really delete
>>> <filename>%1</filename>?"), and intended to use QXmlStreamReader for
>>> parsing, when I realized that kdecore does not depend on QtXml at the
>>> moment. Would it be a problem if this dependency is introduced to kdecore?
>
> If this code is for UI messages, why can't it be in kdeui?

The same messages can (and are, e.g. for Kexi and some future server software)
also used for applications working in command-line mode.

In this case tags like <filename> would be just removed (or the text can be
somewhat coloured using terminal escape characters, if someone prefers this).

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek