How to install library translations as libkfoo-<ABI-major>.mo instead of libkfoo.mo

Achim Bohnet ach-gxyfGOoHVsmELgA04lAiVw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 13 19:21:24 BST 2007

Hi,

as thiago suggested on IRC I post here [please keep kde-imaging
on cc. I'm not subscribed here]

Some ABIs for KDE3 libraries in branch/kde-extras/kde35/libs had
and will change.  So we are currently faced with the problem
that the e.g., the library

  libkdcraw.so.0 uses translation .../LC_MESSAGES/libkdcraw.mo

In order to install libkdcraw.so.1 in parallel we need to install
translation of the new libkdcraw pkg as

 libkdcraw-1.mo

Otherwise last make install of a libkdcrawX wins and
last make uninstall removes the catalog for all installed
version of libkdrawX.   Similar problems with .deb and .rpm
packages.  (I assume with KDE3 and KDE4 catalogs in the future
too.)

xine-lib and gphoto2-lib add already do it, but I've found no
obvious way how to integrate this with KDE auto* magic.

Any how to tweak auto* stuff is very welcome.

Achim
                                      -- reddy-aB0odYrk/uvcKpUcGLbliUEOCMrvLtNR at public.gmane.org