make fromHSL public, add toHSL

Matt Newell newellm at blur.com
Wed Jun 13 18:48:18 BST 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 03:38, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 10:34:46 Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> > [ Thomas Zander, Mi., 13. Jun. 2007 ]
> >
> > > Last I heard the consensus was still that one color space for kdelibs
> > > is enough.
> >
> > No, there was no consensus in this,
>
> Sure there was;
> read this again;

There may have been consensus against KColor, but when it comes to HSL there
have been quite a few people that have expressed support, and only a couple
against it.  Also, there have been no valid arguments against HSL from what I
can see.

> On Monday 04 June 2007 22:32:30 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >  consensus has been to be conservative on this as we grow towards a
> > better understanding of what is really needed from these colors.
> >

> > and I object to ignoring the W3C
> > standards that require HSL.
>
> Ehm, nobody is implying any such thing. I'm not sure why you think this,
> but to put your worries at easy I can say that I am sure that KHTML has,
> and will keep having, some code to do the w3c stuff, that is not the
> topic of discussion here.
>

> Sorry for being a bit agitated, but its that I am getting a bit tired of a
> weekly thread of Matthew asking again and again and again for public
> KDELIbs API for this color space.

He has changed his proposal each time to suit the desires of a few people, and
been treated very poorly in my opinion.  I am getting tired of you making
claims of consensus where there are none.  I am getting tired of you and a
couple others arguing against HSL inclusion without a valid technical
argument.

Matt