make fromHSL public, add toHSL

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 13 17:32:06 BST 2007

Hans Meine wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007 18:00:17 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> If you just don't want to make these public... ok. That's fine. We
>> won't. (Or... we'll wait for pigment to go prime-time :-).) But please
>> address the above concerns which are real /now/.
>>
>> Specifically:
>>
>> - Do we want to force an unfamiliar (and in some opinions, unintuitive)
>> color model on Windows users?
>
> IMHO it would be cool if the color dialog had HLS controls (which - as
> everyone agreed - should be the default on Windows at least), but AFAICS that
> does not require a *public* API in kdelibs, right?

Right. "If you just don't want to make these public... ok. That's fine."
  :-)

(I'm thinking about making a non-installed kcolorspaces.h so that
different places in kdeui can pull it in as needed, but that doesn't
help khtml which needs - and currently has - HSL regardless.)

--
Matthew
So, an astrophysicist, a quantum physicist, and an astrologer walk into