make fromHSL public, add toHSL

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 13 17:00:17 BST 2007

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 01:11:25 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Currently there is HSL code in khtml. Windows uses HSL for the color
>> picker. How would people feel about making fromHSL/toHSL public so that
>> KColorDialog can also use them on Windows? (and... so that any other
>> interested parties can use them, presumably...)
>
> Last I heard the consensus was still that one color space for kdelibs is
> enough. Lets not open a new thread in a new week to try again.

If you just don't want to make these public... ok. That's fine. We
won't. (Or... we'll wait for pigment to go prime-time :-).) But please
address the above concerns which are real /now/.

Specifically:

- Do we want to force an unfamiliar (and in some opinions, unintuitive)
color model on Windows users?

- Do we want to ignore half a dozen usability/accessibility suggestions
from experts and u7y/a11y organizations? (Yes, we /do/ have high demands
:-) )

--
Matthew
So, an astrophysicist, a quantum physicist, and an astrologer walk into