rename kdeui/utils/KPalette

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 11 23:00:08 BST 2007

Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le lundi 11 juin 2007, Matthew Woehlke a écrit :
>> The current KPalettte (kdelibs/kdeui/util) "is totally unrelated to
>> QPalette." It is used in kdeui/color, by Konsole, and (IIRC) according
>> to aseigo by one lone app in extragear.
>>
>> If there are no objections/better ideas I would like to rename this to
>> KIndexedPalette, which seems to be a more appropriate name (other
>> suggestions welcome), next Monday.
>
> ( other suggestion : KColorCollection ? )

I like that better :-). Any objections?

(It's too bad, really, it /is/ actually a "palette", it's just unrelated
to QPalette. But "color collection" I think makes it more clear what it
is, and actually I think is more consistent with existing naming convention.

In the interest of avoiding confusion, maybe we shouldn't name
/anything/ "KPalette"? Although I guess that means the main motivation
for renaming the current KPalette is to make it clear that it isn't
QPalette :-).)

--
Matthew
Ngx iqct zgg dxei zodt gf ngxk iqfrl.