[nepomuk-kde] Re: Renaming Nepomuk-KDE to "Braid" (or not?)

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 14:35:58 BST 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 14:34:25 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> On Saturday 09 June 2007 20:42:36 Evgeny Egorochkin wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 June 2007 21:13:56 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> > > sorry for bringing this up again, but I am just not happy with
> > > "Braid". So now I propose either
> > >
> > > "Loom"
> > > (still somewhat related to braid and in the end KMetaData is used
> > > to "weave the information"; only problem: people might confuse it
> > > with a popular game... )
> >
> > Doesn't sound catchy to me
> >
> > > "Knoten"
> > > (german word for knot, I think it sounds good and KMetaData ties
> > > knots between information...)
>
> Ok, seems Knoten is out as well as Loom. I personally dont want to
> reuse Tenor since KMetaData != Tenor.
>
> > Maybe Knit is better:
> > 1.  To make (a fabric or garment) by intertwining yarn or thread in
> > a series of connected loops either by hand, with knitting needles,
> > or on a machine. 2.  To form (yarn or thread) into fabric by
> > intertwining. 3.  To join closely; unite securely.
> >
> > Other suggestions:
> > 	In-Fu (Information-Fu)
> > 	InspeKt (
> > 	sKope (scope, also cope:To contend with difficulties and act to
> > overcome them)
>
> I actually like Scope.
>
> And what about "Lore" or simply "Knowledge" or "Sage" or "Wisdom"?
>
> > -- Evgeny

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this list, so I'm sorry if you have already been trough what
I have to say.

Looking at greek mythology could be a fine source for inspiration.
Sticking with your weaving theme, I found:

- Jason who tried to steal the golden fleece (but there's already
javascript object notation: json)

- Chrysomallos who's fleece Jason tried to steal (could be easily
kde-ified as krysomallos)

-  Arachne an excellent weaver, who even beat the gods at it

Browsing through wikipedia (or for those of us with classical education,
through memory) will bring up even more alternatives.

Have a nice time.

michael