[nepomuk-kde] Re: Renaming Nepomuk-KDE to "Braid" (or not?)

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 22:38:56 BST 2007

2007/6/10, Tobias G. Pfeiffer <tgpfeiffer at web.de>:
> Hi!
>
> On Saturday 09 June 2007, 20:13, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> > sorry for bringing this up again, but I am just not happy with "Braid".
>
> Could someone please explain to me what's wrong with "Nepomuk"? Maybe that's
> my fault, but I actually like the name and I don't think that behind every
> framework there must be a useful, sementically related name. (Maybe some
> other Germans remember Nepomuk from the TV series "Hallo Spencer"?, see
> ggi:nepomuk :-)

Where Nepomuk is a sculptor that collects trash and loves chaos. Seems
appropriate! :-D
http://www.hallo-spencer.de/home/bewohner/bewohner.php?wer=4

I think the problem with simply 'Nepomuk' is that it is the name of
the larger project. This project has some years of financing and will
then stop. Maybe there will be a Nepomuk II but that depends on the EU
and the initiators for the next round of financing.

Cheers,
Jos