ioslave problem with kde4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 10 22:17:20 BST 2007

On 04.06.07 11:41:27, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 29.05.07 01:42:18, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since today I've got problems with ioslaves, it seems that the slave
> > crashes or cannot connect to klauncher. This only happens when using an
> > already running kdeinit4/klauncher, everything works fine after killing
> > the kdeinit4 process group and starting the kde4 app again.
> >
> > I know this is expected on windows, but this is happening on linux here,
> > anybody got an idea what could've change in the last say 48 hours that
> > would cause this? (I'm not sure when this started, my last build before
> > monday was on 23rd)
> >
> > I just found out that if I start kdeinit4 from a shell that works
> > properly, but if its started indirectly through an application it
> > doesn't. I can only guess at the moment what could be causing this,
> > maybe the environment is not properly "forwarded" to kdeinit4?? I'm
> > running kde4 apps inside a kde3 desktop, which didn't cause any problems
> > until now.
>
> Nobody with any idea what would be causing this? Its rather annoying
> having to start a kdeinit4 in a shell, because that shell becomes mostly
> unusable due to the fact that all output will be put there.

Ok, after a restart of the System now I get a message box that kded4
crashed during the first startup of a kde4 application. And on the
second again no ioslave can be connected to.

Then I killed kdeinit4 and co and restarted the app, this time kded4
didn't crash, however on the 2nd run again no ioslave can connect.

Am I really the only one seeing this?

Andreas

--
You teach best what you most need to learn.