kuiserver BACK ON KDELIBS ??

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jun 10 00:30:25 BST 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007, George Staikos wrote:

> On 9-Jun-07, at 2:44 AM, Brad Hards wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 09 June 2007 15:54, George Staikos wrote:
> >>     We already went through this on kde-core-devel.  Please see the
> >> recent KSSL thread.

> >>    Go ahead.  It won't compile.  I just moved it to keep things
> >> compiling.
> > What SSL (or other crypto) does kuiserver need?
>
>     UI indicators for SSL state, and it was also serving some SSL
> dialogs.

All (modal and/or ssl) dialogs have however moved back to libkio (i.e. to the application
process rather than the uiserver) long ago (i.e. even in kde3).
The main reason being that one gui-server showing one or more modal dialogs leads
to problems (bad interactions between the two modal dialogs, and bad interaction with
the other non-modal stuff the uiserver is showing).