QSslSocket

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 08:18:13 BST 2007

Alon Bar-Lev said:
> 3. As it seems kde developers wish to use Qt provided classes, so the
> decision is of Trolltech.

Just so that there are no mistakes: yes, we prefer to use a Qt solution if
one is available. But if we have sufficient reason to use another
implementation, for example for its technical qualities, we can choose
otherwise. What's more, KDE solutions overrule Qt ones and sometimes the
Qt solution simply gets forbidden from KDE code.

We have not made the decision on QtNetwork vs QCA yet. We'll discuss that
during aKademy.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358