Color roles, coming this Monday to kdelibs?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 7 15:56:16 BST 2007

Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> Hi!

Hi, Olaf! Glad to see you found this thread :-).

> "This monday" is really great timing, because next week we plan to publish the
> HIG checklist for colours:
> http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Checklist_Colors_and_Images

Whee, good timing indeed :-). Although not everything is ready (I am
still planning to tackle the contrast-related stuff next week, although
I think that mainly affects styles and not so much applications in
general)...

> Plese let me know if
> http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Design_and_Layout:Visual_Design:Colors
> still up to date after your commits.

Thanks, will do.

> Also, has the suggested "Strict mode: Only use these colors by default"
> checkbox already been added to kcontrol, or would it be possible to do it at
> the same time?

Actually, /nothing/ is in kcontrol yet :-) (that's the next project, but
it isn't affected by the API deadline AFAIK), but I could add the
appropriate API to KGS along with this commit if that's ok with the
other devs (since I didn't propose that part of the API on Monday it's
technically a violation of the 1-week notice policy, is that OK with the
devs?). Otherwise it will have to wait for next Monday.

--
Matthew
(...with apologies to Arthur C. Clarke)