Gwenview 2 moved to kdegraphics

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 7 06:54:03 BST 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Beaudoin Gael wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2007 18:14:14 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > kooka is going to svn rm immediately, however. i've already discussed
> > that one with the author.
>
> It's a shame. I use it at work with an HP all-in-one scanner/printer and it
> works quite well.

there is still libkscan which is used in krita, kword, etc to provide scanning
input. it provides essentially all the useful parts of kooka without the more
painful parts of kooka. the only thing it's lacking really is OCR, which
kooka did have to some degree of utility.

a thin stand alone "wrapper app" around libkscan, much as kwrite is around
katepart, would probably be welcome.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se