Color roles, coming this Monday to kdelibs?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 6 23:58:46 BST 2007

As per the usability recommendation (1) and the original thread (2), the
attached patch adds color roles to KDE. There are still things to do,
like find things this breaks (I am guessing color schemes), find places
that need to use it (anyone using hard-coded colors has buggy code
according to u7y/a11y), and of course add something to configure them
:-), but these are not API changes (probably not even BIC).

There are probably lots of users of most of the deprecated functions and
that is OK, they can keep using them in KDE4 :-). We /might/ want to
kill off KGS::calculateAlternateBackgroundColor if its replacements are
ready for KDE4.0 but that is for next week (there are only two users
shown by LXR, one of the three not-KGS hits is only a comment).

According to aseigo (3) it is OK to change where the colors are stored.

Also, if anyone has better suggestions for the implementation (like, a
way to avoid macros w/o dozens more lines of code), please share :-).

1: http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/colors.pdf
2: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/42908
3: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/42933

--