KNotify startup

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Jun 6 18:39:10 BST 2007

Le mercredi 6 juin 2007, Rafael Fernández López a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just wonder why knotify service is note started on the startkde script. I
> think it would be really useful.

The idea was to start knotify with the dbus daemon activation thing.  But this
doesn't work because this is broken by design. (It require to install a file
in a place which is at least not possible in my installation)

So yes, it should be probably started with startkde.
But it still need to be started on demand anyway to work in non KDE
environment.

(also I'm planing to rename the binary knotify4 in order to not conflict with
the kde3's knotify)