Renaming Nepomuk-KDE to "Braid"

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 5 17:05:50 BST 2007

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
>   However, more mindshare oriented arguments would be that you'd preferably
> want to avoid the confusion that renaming Rendezvous to Bonjour caused Apple
> when they did that.

That's not really the greatest example, considering Apple changed that
name after being sued for trademark infringement... :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_%28software%29#Naming

Back on topic, I agree with David that now is the best time to change,
and I also agree that "braid" seems to be a better (more consistent with
e.g. "solid", "plasma", "sonnet", etc. certainly) name than "nepomuk".

--
Matthew
ESIG: .sig file not available