Renaming Nepomuk-KDE to "Braid"

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Jun 4 18:36:10 BST 2007

Monday 04 June 2007 skrev Allen Winter:
> On Sunday 03 June 2007 4:55:46 am Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > on the nepomuk-kde list we had a little discussion about a new name for
> > Nepomuk-KDE. The result was "Braid" with the meaning of "interwoven
> > information" and a reference to GEB [1].
> >
> > This would mean that some parts would be renamed. I propose the
> > following:
>
> I think I object.
> Can this wait for the 4.1 release?
>
> I can't see a good technical reason to do this.
> But maybe I'm missing something.

  Well, if you really want to get technical about it, i guess one could call
on the whole refactoring thing - automatically refactoring everything later
when we /know/ it'll change names anyway seems a little potentially breaky to
me, so that it would be better to get it done faster...

  However, more mindshare oriented arguments would be that you'd preferably
want to avoid the confusion that renaming Rendezvous to Bonjour caused Apple
when they did that. We would really want people to know and remember the name
from the start.

  Just my €.02 of course :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..