[RFC] Color usability time...

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 4 21:48:34 BST 2007

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> As far as the question wether this is needed for KDE 4.0 I don't know,
>
> no.

Any reason to not at least add things we know will be needed, like shade
(and the various dark*/light* under it)? We already have at least a
request from dolphin for those, in addition to the obvious need (obvious
= set your window color really dark).

Just to be clear, if the question is 'do things exist in KDE 4.0 which
need this', the answer is "yes", kate being the most obvious example I
can think of offhand.

> ergo why consensus has been to be conservative on this as we grow towards a
> better understanding of what is really needed from these colors.

Honestly, I don't quite get the 'need for consensus' argument; we've
been over this twice before in the last several months.

--
Matthew
"In the beginning was the word, and the word was