New QT Target Proposal

Benjamin Long bflong at longbros.com
Mon Jun 4 15:32:00 BST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 4:06:46 am Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> how invasive are the patches needed to get it up and running on QtOpia?
> would it possible to manage it much as we are doing with win32 and macOS,
> with #ifdef's where needed but most of the code being shared outright? if
> so, then we could even merge your efforts into mainline svn when they are
> ready which should help make the process of tracking kde releases that much
> easier.

That is my plan. While working on the libs, I found a few instances of "#ifdef
WS_QWS". Most of them I had to simply comment out to get it to compile. I
think that they are there from an older porting attempt, probably for QT/E
version 2. I really didn't have to do much to get it compiled, but working
out the bugs is going to take time. In fact, it took me longer to figure out
how to get session support in Qtopia-Core then it did to patch up kdelib to
build.

Benjamin Long
AKA: Bipolar