trouble building KDE4-Alpha1

Heiko Evermann heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Sun Jun 3 22:39:15 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build KDE3-Alpha1 and I have run into trouble here:

> Building CXX object workspace/kwin/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kwin.dir/composite.o
> /home/kde-devel/kde/src/kdebase-3.90.1/workspace/kwin/scene_xrender.h:46:
> error: 'XserverRegion' does not name a type

My System is an older version of SuseLinux and I have already updated several
libraries by compiling them from source. Building KDE4-Alpha1 has not been
straightforward. One bigger obstacle had already been kdelibs, where the
installation of a current version of valgrind brought me over a missing
define.

But for XserverRegion I do not have an idea. Configure has not complained
about the status of my X11 (X11R6), so I would expect the files to compile
smoothly.

What can I do? What is missing? The file in question seems to be one of the
core files of KDE, so I guess, I really need it.

Kind regards and thanks for your help.

Heiko Evermann