Renaming Nepomuk-KDE to "Braid"

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jun 3 19:41:24 BST 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> * kdelibs/konto is just a support library and would probably need a new
> name on its own. We could, however, also move it into the Braid namespace
> if it confuses german developers. ;)

seeing as it is deffinitely part of the nepomuk group of functionality, i'd
support moving it into braid and getting rid of it as a separate entity
altogether. one less lib == good.

> * kdebase/runtime/knepomuk is renamed to kdebase/runtime/braid and classes
> are moved to the Braid namespace.

just to be clear, this means that instead of Nepomuk::KMetaData::Tag (for
instance) we'd just have Braid::Tag? i like the increased compactness a lot.

> * We will create braid.kde.org with information about the semantic KDE
> desktop similar to pages like plasma.kde.org, solid.kde.org, or
> phonon.kde.org.

cool beans.

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach

an amazing book. i remember reading it into the early morning hours =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se