combine kdepimlibs and kdelibs [was Re: FindKdepimLibs.cmake]

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Jun 2 10:47:13 BST 2007

Op za 2 jun 2007 09:13 schreef u:
> On Friday 01 June 2007 12:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I had a closer look at the file.
> > What's the deal with kdepimlibs ?
> > Does it _have_ to be installed to the same location as kdelibs ?
> If kdebase won't build without kdepimlibs, and kdepim won't build without
> kdepimlibs, then we should probably just smash kdepimlibs into kdelibs.

You forgot the fact the mailtransport in kdepimlibs requires the smtp-kio which is in kdebase (though only at runtime currently).

So, it would be great if kdepimlibs could check the existence of the smtp-kio, but that can not be done currently because kdebase should be build after kdepimlibs. Although moving kdepimlibs to kdelibs would not solve that. Guess smtp-kio would need to move to fix that.

Toma