changing KGraphicsUtils?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 1 15:45:03 BST 2007

Michael Pyne wrote:
> * Usability improvements (blending would be the underlying code for lighten(),
> darken() and otherwise adjusting color schemes).

Actually HSY underlies darken() and lighten(), mix() is for focus
tracking and (more) safely generating new colors. So don't get me wrong,
it is indeed important, just not for the specific examples you mentioned
:-).

> * Use in widget styles.  But perhaps this should be in KStyle then.

I think there's /just/ enough users outside of styles to make this not
the most optimal solution :-).

> (although Ion is not to my knowledge part of a KDE release).

Nope, at this point I will be surprised if Ion makes 4.0 (there are too
many other things - like the usability stuff - that are much higher
priority than something that is 100% eye candy ;-) ), but it will
probably come early in 4.1 as I expect I want it working soon after 4.0
is released :-).

--
Matthew
"943. I am not Bjorn of Borg."