changing KGraphicsUtils?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 10:55:00 BST 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007 17:40:42 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > > I'd like to keep it to graphicsUtils; its not a mismatch as colors
> > > are certainly a part of graphics utils.
> >
> > Well, yes, but ColorUtils is more specifically descriptive. If we keep
> > it GraphicsUtils, that to me implies it should be merged with kdefx?
>
> Not sure why, I'd like to not argue on every little detail; do you have
> major problems with KGraphicsUtils?

I think the reasons why this name is important are:
1. to make it easier to find it in the documentation
2. to make the code using it more readable

regarding 1: When searching for color routines you should probably be
searching in the function list anyway. Too bad that there's nothing like
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/functions.html in our apidocs. :-(
So the only efficient way to find it (at the moment) is to search for the
class names and namespace names. So having color in the namespace name might
help there.

regarding 2: I think it doesn't make much difference since here the name of
the function is far more important.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de