changing KGraphicsUtils?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 1 00:37:42 BST 2007

Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
>> It doesn't help anyone to state your opinion on it with a sad smiley and
>> it certainly doesn't add any value to the method.  Its just being nasty
>> at your fellow programmers. Please don't do that.
>
> It adds value by identifying the method for future optimization efforts
> (although profiling is still the best way).

In terms of demonstrable speed difference, I posted data a while back
indicating that the current blendColors() is 20x-50x slower than
KColor::blend(). I would expect mix() to be comparable to, or slightly
faster than KColor::blend(). At minimum if blendColors()/overlayColors()
stays around we could optimize the default case, however as the part of
the comment Thomas didn't quote indicates, ATM using QPainter is the
only way to be 110%* sure the behavior is the same as Qt.

(* since I believe the blend modes are based on well-known algorithms, I
don't expect them to change, but...)

--
Matthew
"943. I am not Bjorn of Borg."