State of kdefx

Mosfet daniel.duley at verizon.net
Fri Jul 20 11:22:33 BST 2007

Hey, I see you all are finally noticing kdefx is broken again ;-)

If you search the archive you'll noticed I offered to do a huge update to this
back in *2005* with both bugfixes and lots of MMX acceleration, (including a
new MMX accelerated convolve). Regretfully Zack and I got into a big
flamefest and it was rejected, not because of the code but because we
couldn't seem to agree on anything. Search for the author "mosfet" to check
it out.

Since then we resolved our differences and he was supposed to be doing a new
library, (it's somewhere in SVN), and I was supposed to add my filters to his
lib with KImageEffect being dropped. I'm still more than willing to do this
and but haven't heard anything from him in about 4 months.