KIO::http_post bug fixed

Christian Weilbach christian_weilbach at web.de
Mon Jul 23 04:14:25 BST 2007

Hi,

as actually nobody helped me, I've helped myself and have fixed another
http_post bug. This one is in the http.cpp file and is about header parsing.

As Thiago has pointed out in IRC kDebug( xxxx ) does not work, so I have
replaced it by kDebug(). Otherwise it will only throw the header, which might
be o.k., but was too less for me.

The actual bugfix is the part about metaData( "content-length" ), which is not
checked for its length (it is 0 on no data) correctly and therefore may
introduce one carriage return to much and therefore the "Content-length: xxx"
is not regarded as part of the header by the server.

Another bug fixed imho is the replacement of isNull() with isEmpty(), actually
there are many accurances of isNull() in http.cpp, which in my opinion should
be replaced as much as possible with isEmpty(), since many of the vars are set
somewhere and set back to 0 length later. Another bug fixed by Antonio
had the same problem.

Cheers and I hope you can fix it upstream soon,
Christian