Adding dependency on kdebase to kdegraphics

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 17:33:11 BST 2007

On Saturday 21 July 2007 6:16:47 am Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 21 July 2007 04:24, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Friday 20 July 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > I think adding this dependency is not good.

We can't have kdebase as a dependency to kdegraphics.
Not an option.

> > four "solutions" i can think of:
> >
> > - don't use libkonq ;)
> > - move libkonq into runtime/; at least then kdegraphics would have a build
> > dep on a package that it has an implicit runtime dep on?
>
> As runtime is meant to include runtime dependencies, it should not include
> libraries which are needed at compile time.
>
> > - move libkonq to kdelibs (oi vey!)
>
> Sounds like the most consistent solution (other than creating a kdebaselibs
> module)

I recall discussing libkonq with dfaure and dirk a while back, but I don't
recall if there was a decision.  I'm pretty sure we discussed moving
at least part of libkonq to kdelibs.

Drat.  I think it's time to revisit our freeze schedule.

-Allen