remove UDSEntry from the public KIO API?

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Sat Jul 21 12:27:17 BST 2007

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> nf2 wrote:
>
>> Thiago Macieira wrote:

>>> No, I think it's too late for that. Anything about that has to be done
>>> in the next 5 days. Can you prepare a patch?
>>>
>> sounds challenging...
>>
>> would it just be changing
>>
> [snip]
>
> I don't know. Make the changes, build kdelibs, kdepimlibs and kdebase and
> see if it compiles.

hmm - i just found out that ListJob also emits UDSEntries... although i
don't know if ListJob is used that often directly (people might prefer
KDirLister which doesnt return UDSEntries).

but perhaps there would be another chance to make UDSEntries more
generic: by changing

class UDSEntry : public QHash<uint, UDSField>

class UDSEntry : public QHash<QString, UDSField>