Adding dependency on kdebase to kdegraphics

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 09:32:43 BST 2007

Le samedi 21 juillet 2007, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> On Friday 20 July 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I think adding this dependency is not good.
>
> four "solutions" i can think of:
>
> - don't use libkonq ;)
> - move libkonq into runtime/; at least then kdegraphics would have a build
> dep on a package that it has an implicit runtime dep on?

Actually, dirk doesn't want apps to depend on runtime/, that's why
runtime/solid (which contained libs) moved into workspace/solid...

I think we should sort out the definition of runtime, obviously different
people have different definitions.

> - move libkonq to kdelibs (oi vey!)
> - statically link libkonq, use svn exterm to pull a copy into kdegraphics
> (ugh)
>
> i like the second one myself, but none of them are easy ..

Me too, but it's probably not the case of everyone here.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."