Fwd: Re: Make Dolphin's SortFilterProxyModel for KDirModel public

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Fri Jul 20 15:58:50 BST 2007

----------  Пересланное сообщение  ----------

Тема: Re: Make Dolphin's SortFilterProxyModel for KDirModel public
Дата: Пятница 20 июля 2007
Отправитель: Nick Shaforostoff <shafff at ukr.net>
Получатель:  "Rafael Fernández López" <ereslibre at gmail.com>

On Пятница 20 июля 2007, you wrote:
> 2007/7/20, Nick Shaforostoff <shafff at ukr.net>:
> Yes. What I don't see is how could KCategorizedView compile without that
> method. I am probably not very good with my XRAY eyes on patches without the
> source code locally.
it compiles fine, because the method is still present :)

> problem is that I hadn't got time to comment KSortFilterProxyModel, and from
> that point of view, I am sorry. But I really didn't think a class of this
> kind was being added to kdelibs for 4.0.
I'm adding tiny part of DolphinSortFilterProxyModel, not KSortFilterProxyModel.
And i've merged KSortFilterProxyModel's functionality into new DolphinSortFilterProxyModel
(and removed KSortFilterProxyModel) because it is only used in helper LessThan class
(which now works directly with DolphinSortFilterProxyModel in my svn local copy).

The part that i'm adding to kdelibs is so tiny that it doesnt need to store any variables,
it just reimplements 3 functions from QSortFilterProxyModel and that's all!

> That's the reason of why I
> committed it without commenting, because till now I was the only person
> working on that part, and we talked about adding it to kdelibs probably on
> 4.1 when those classes were "mature". And I planned it to comment then when
> coming back from vacation.
And, till 4.1, i'm adding the very part of the class that is mature :)
(and this part is so general/standalone that it can be used for simple KDirModel sorting in any app)