KIO slaves + chown/chgrp

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Wed Jul 18 01:20:04 BST 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007, you wrote:

> I don't like the use of uid_t and gid_t because it's unportable to Windows,
> and because with remote protocols (e.g. fish) we don't know the numerical
> ids used by the remote system. How about using strings instead, just like
> the UDS entries returned by a listDir() contain strings for user and group?

OK, good point. Changed that.

> > Can someone give me a pointer where chmod() hast to be implemented at
> > least for local files to start with ?
>
> In kdelibs/kioslave/file/file.cc :)

Thanks. I implemented the new method there.
But there are 2 points I'd like to know:
- is it ok, that the methods there are not thread safe ? (also the others
aren't)
- I did #ifdef Q_WS_WIN ... to not break compile there. Is that ok/enough ?

Also I vaguely remember that the current possibility to do a chown in
konqueror was somehow hacked in somewhere.
Do you know where I have to change that, so that it uses my new method ?

I also added chown to job.[ch]*
Is that ok ?

Attached is a new patch.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com