KDE 4.0 Feature Freeze

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 16 23:03:32 BST 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> IMO: Plasma should be exempt from the feature freeze until we
> begin the Release Candidate cycle: it is simply evolving too quickly
> and it is far too important to the KDE 4 identity.

=)

> We should draw the line on new Plasmoids at 25 July, I think.

as Riccardo noted, it's really hard to draw a line between the core and
plasmoids right now. the are each driving the development of each other; as
features happen in the core, new plasmoids become possible.

that said, i'd be fine with coming up with a list of plasmoids that we will
ship with kdebase 4.0 by the end of the month. whether there will be code
there for each of them is another matter, but it's probably easy enough to
say that the rest of those that are written in c++ that emerge after that
point could be put into an extragear module and those that are written in
javascript could be made available via GHNS2, assuming we get that going.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se