Merging icon/pixmap cache to kdelibs

Rivo Laks rivolaks at hot.ee
Mon Jul 16 15:47:14 BST 2007

Ühel kenal päeval (esmaspäev 16 juuli 2007) kirjutas Simon Hausmann:
> On Sunday 15 July 2007 13:52:07 Rivo Laks wrote:
> > Hi again!
> >
> > As my last thread didn't have any clear outcome and kdelibs freeze date
> > was moved, I'm proposing the merge of my icon/pixmap cache to kdelibs
> > again.
> >
> > The most important addition in the meantime has been splitting the cache
> > into KPixmapCache and KIconCache. The KPixmapCache is a general-purpose
> > cache which can be used to e.g. cache pixmaps rendered from SVGs. There
> > is interest for using it from app developers and many apps in kdeedu and
> > kdegames (among others) would benefit from it.
> >
> > The API should be complete now, but I'd appreciate a review and will add
> > anything missing.
>
> Can you elaborate which application uses the newly added API?

There are none yet as the code is still only in the branch.
If it gets added to kdelibs, pretty much every application which uses SVGs or
pixmaps rendered from static data could benefit from it. This includes many
apps in kdeedu and kdegames. Amarok and Plasma developers have also expressed
interest.

Rivo