Serious dcop deadlock, part 2

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sun Jul 15 13:50:26 BST 2007

On Saturday, 14. July 2007, Charles Samuels wrote:

> dcop.log contains some extra stuff after the time of the crash. the last
> message it received was a registerAs and a isApplicationRegistered
>
> Good luck, but I bet this isn't enough information. :,(

Hmm, doesn't look like the log would be of any help. I'm afraid that there is
a fundamental issue with more than one DCOPClient in the same process which
we've been so far unable to find. At least I've spent my share of hours
staring at the code and trying to figure it out.

Unfortunately, those at SUSE that frequently hit this issue are not willing to
install debugging versions of KDE to be able to track it down (even though
they're ex-KDE-developers, bastards), so it remains a mystery to me.

I'm however using myself the patch below and I haven't experienced any of
those lockups anymore in many months.

Dirk