New KIO::Connection

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Jul 13 13:39:19 BST 2007

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>>> Thank you Ralf, I'll add it to my local tree and enable it to see how
>>> it works.
>>>

>> Is there any timeline for integrating this new connection stuff in kde
>> svn ?
>>

> Yes, next Monday.

With or without the tcp stuff ? If with I assume you have fixed the open
issues. If not probably some fixes are required as you suggested  and
one additional I see:

In
void ConnectionServer::listenForRemote()
{
#ifdef Q_WS_WIN
    d->backend = new TCPSocketConnectionBackend(this);
#else
    // try the Local socket backend
    d->backend = new LocalSocketConnectionBackend(this);
#endif

the backend initialisation is fixed to the os. Should this still be the
case ?

Ralf