KDE development with git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 14:55:22 BST 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> > 3) if we allow git, we'll have to allow hg, darcs, bzr, etc. Then it's no
> > longer "one more tool" to learn, it's several.
>
> Why would you have to allow hg, darcs, bzr etc?

because this discussion would get restarted for each and we'd either have to
put our foot down somewhere or nowhere. if we put our foot down somewhere,
why not right here.

personally, i don't care if it is only svn and git. that's one too many vcs to
learn and maintain. the cost to the project that comes from such splitting
has already been well covered by others (particularly thiago).

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se