Use of Boost library classes in kdecore?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Sat Jul 7 01:40:21 BST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, David Jarvie wrote:
> There are two options if the Boost class is to be used: either make kdelibs
> require the Boost library, which is already required for kdepimlibs; or put
> a copy of the relevant headers (at least 7 of them at a cursory glance)
> from the Boost library into kdecore. As far as I can see, the Boost licence
> (http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt) would not present a problem for the
> latter option.

I actually tried the latter option at one point for one of my programs.  I
don't think I copied over enough headers or something however because I
wasn't able to get it to work.  I would say that copying over the code is the
most convienient option, but isn't boost only required at compile-time for
shared_ptr?  If so then boost is already required by kdepimlibs I thought.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne