KTemporaryFile::createLocalFile()

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 5 16:59:28 BST 2007

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> now you exposed you ignorance about posix semantics. :-P
> assume temp files in /tmp. this dir is sticky.

Um... no, you *hope* /tmp is sticky; I have access to at least one
computer where this is not the case. Is that system misconfigured?
Probably. (Forget /tmp, the default umask on said computer is 000.
Secure? I think not.) Nevertheless, IMO we shouldn't rely on systems
being "properly configured" when there is a solution that is safe
regardless.

--
Matthew
Disadvantage: Bad Puns [-5]